Step One – Online application form
The first step starts right here in the form of an online application form and quiz. You can apply to up to 10 restaurants within one application. As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a short quiz made up of multiple choice questions. This is to help McDonald's understand the position in our team that suits you best.
- Make sure you have the following info at your fingertips before you start the application:
- Your contact details including personal email address
- Right to work information if applicable
- Dates and details of any work history
- Current contact details of at least two referees (1 personal and 1 business or academic)
- Also, think about the hours and days that you want to work, taking into consideration school, sports and outside commitments.
- If you have not turned 16 years old yet, you will need a parent or guardian’s consent. Consent can be given either electronically or via a signed paper form. Parental consent must be provided before or during your interview.
Step Two – Interview
If your application looks good you will be invited to an interview via email. The interview normally takes place at the restaurant, and will either be an individual interview that will take approximately 15 minutes or a group interview that may take up to an hour.
The interview gives both you and McDonald's the chance to see if we are right for each other.
- Print off your application form and don't forget to bring along any supporting documentation that you may need, such as your Passport, Birth Certificate, right to work permit or if applicable, Parent/Guardian Consent Form (if applicable).
- You may like to think about the answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Macca's?
- Give some examples of a situation where you have worked or participated in a team.
- Wear something clean and smart that you feel comfortable in. It is okay to come in your school uniform. Ensure that you wear closed low-heeled, non-skid shoes.
Step Three - Reference checks
We may conduct a reference check to confirm any information that may assist us with your application. This could be with your previous employer, school teacher or parent/guardian.
- Don't forget to let your referee(s) know that we may call.
At McDonald's the safety and wellbeing of all of our employees is paramount, therefore offers of employment for applicants over the age of 18 will be conditional upon the completion and satisfactory outcome of a criminal background check. If you are over the age of 18 you will be requested to complete the criminal background check at the reference check stage of the application process.
Ready to apply? Click here.